Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 360 July and August 2017 Office Update issue
The automatic update of Office 2016 provided by Microsoft in July and August 2017 causes the error (below) to occur when creating new MasterMine reports. This issue occurs even for users of earlier versions of MasterMine who have been using it successfully until mid-August 2017. The error is due to an issue in Excel 2016 which we are not in a position to hotfix, but which Microsoft will eventually fix with their updates.
In the meantime, if you have Office 2016 or Office 365 and encounter the following error, the solution is below:
Error 2004: Can’t get the Pivotfields item of the PivotTable class
1. Roll back Microsoft Excel to June 2017 release 16.0.8201.2102 (6/13/2017)
- Right-click “RollBackTo2102.bat” and choose “Run with Administrative Privileges”
- If requested, enter administrative credentials. If you don’t have these credentials for your computer, contact your system administrator.
- This file will roll back your Excel to the June 13, 2017 release 8201.2102
- IF the office installer runs and asks “Modify, Repair or Uninstall”, choose “Repair”.
2. After the update finishes, turn off Office Updates (until further notice)
- Open Excel 2016, Click “File” and click “Account” near the bottom.
- Click the “Update Options” button on the right and choose “Disable Updates”
3. Watch for a future “all clear” from MasterMine before re-enabling Office updates